Applications are invited from Indian nationals just for undertaking place as per the main points given under for the analysis undertaking below the Principal investigator Dr. Debabrata Sircar, Department of Biosciences and bioengineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee.
1. Title of undertaking: Non-invasive early sensing of sentimental rot and dry rot in saved potato tubers by evaluation of unstable natural compound emission
2. Sponsor of the undertaking: Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)
3. Project place(s) and quantity: Junior Research fellow-JRF (One quantity)
i. M.Sc/ post-graduate diploma within the space of plant Biology/Botany[Nanotechnology or M. Tech. in Nanotechnology/Biotechnology/BSBE with minimum 60% marks/equivalent CGPA at 10 point scale (general, OBC, EWS) & 55% marks/equivalent CGPA for (SC/ST/Differently abled).
ii. Prior experience in the plant metabolite analyses, HPLC, GC-MS analyses, plant pathogen handling, and nanotechnology is preferable. CSIR/UGC-NET/GATE is qualitication mandatory
5. Emoluments: Rs. 31 ,000 (for first 2 years), Rs. 35,000 (from -3rd year onward)
6. Duration: For the period up to 7th March 2024, or till end of the project whichever is earlier
7. Job description:
To identify metabolic reprograming during potato/pathogen interaction, to develop nanomaterial — based transducer for sensor development, development of e-nose sensor based on selected signature volatiles, GC MS based volatile analyses, confocal microscopy, infection studies with soft and dry rot of potato, gene expression analyses, sample collection, writing of manuscript/project progress report writing etc.